So I ended up getting Ad Hoc at Home for Christmas. I made a little foodie resolution to try one new recipe a month (at least). This month was the chicken pot pie! I have a feeling all the recipes are going to be this involved, create this many dishes and be this delicious. Some notes: I wish I put the egg wash all over the pie crust and not just the edge, like the recipe asked. Also, the pie crusts were store bought. In the beginning of the book, Thomas Keller advises when making something new with lots of steps, don't try too many new things all at once. And the only time I've made pie crust, I failed miserably. I will try that another time.
Have any of you cooked great recipes from this book? I definitely want to try the buttermilk fried chicken. Even though I haven't made any fried food in my life...!
Monday, January 2, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Yum! I browsed through that cookbook in Williams and Sonoma, but I haven't purchased it. I actually made a chicken pot pie using the Pioneer Woman's recipie for Christmas eve dinner. Yours looks delicious.
nice 311 hoodie baby!!! ;)
I've been wanting to make a pot pie forever, but then always settle on something easier! This looks soooo good though. Can't wait to see what else you try.
Chicken pot pie is my absolute favorite food! My mom's version, of course, but this looks pretty damn fantastic. How long did it take?
my dad just asked me why i haven't made chicken pot pie in awhile! doing it!
that looks delish!!!
I freaking love chicken pot pie! This looks soooo good. :)
I've heard great things about that book! I just got a Mario Batalli book for Christmas so I'm going to try some things out of that book soon.
Wow, this looks amazing. Daniel loves chicken pot pie...I should try this!!
I actually just got ingredients to make one this week. Something I figured out, make enough for two and you can freeze the filling (since the filling takes forever).
Post a Comment