Thursday, January 20, 2011

Hallway: before and after

I never thought I could get excited over a hallway, it's just a passage way. But not really, I feel its slightly another room of the house and want it to look good. It's one of those things with little changes, that take a long time (JT) that end up making it stand out to make you say "Did you do something different here....?"
Take a peek at our little changes.

Before. White primed walls, icky little trim, brass door knob 
and hinges that were textured over...nice.

After. Nice new trim painted white, new oil rubbed bronze hardware, 
killer new door and gray paint. We still have the same flooring, 
which we would have never chosen, but it gets the job done.

Update: Paint color is Kelly Moore-Rain Nation.

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

love love love love the gray!

Whatever Dee-Dee wants said...

Love the new paint! and that door is awesome!

Mikaela said...

So nice! It's crazy how little changes can make such a big difference!

Kirsten said...

OMG I love the new door!!! I want. I gray paint is still sitting in the garage. I am seriously hoping it just puts itself on the wall.

Lindsay said...

The door looks so much better it's insane and gray looks perfect! I got a little nervous for you after reading your tweet that it looked purple. Nothing like a little makeover :)

Holly said...

I love house projects... Yours looks SO good after!

Romax love said...

Hello beautiful hall, would you like to come live with me? Haha! I love the color. Would you mind sharing the name, I have been wanting a gray wall and I just can't find any. Thanks

Morgan said...

LOVE!!! Great work!

Summer said...

LOVE that gray!!! What paint color is that?

Holly said...

Paint color is Kelly Moore-Rain Nation.

Kelly said...

loveeeee the changes!!! so so SO cute!!

Erin said...

That looks great... Is that a front door or an interior door? I love the design. Where'd you get it?

Holly said...

Its an interior door, a flat five panel door, Craftsman style. We got ours at a local lumber store, but there are avaliable everywhere.

Jen said...

I love it! It came out so good -- what a huge difference! The hallway has so much personality now. Great job :)

Summer Athena said...

me likey. btw, the grey looks really good and not purple at all.

Lindsey said...

Don't you just love the gray! It makes me happy whenever I walk into my home. And I love the new doorknobs and door. I'm getting ready to switch out all of our doorknobs since they're so blah.

Rosita said...

I LOVE IT! Nice calendar babe! ;)

k said...

It's so crisp now, I like it a lot!

Ashley said...

Love the new door and the paint job!

Well done :)

Unknown said...

It looks great Holly! I love that you switched the door out! And of course I heartily approve a gray. My sitting room has been close to that same color for 3 years and I'm still not tired of it! Have a great weekend!

xo Mary Jo

Leslie said...

Love how this turned out Holly!

Raquel said...

Great job! Love that color.

Lyndsy said...

It turned out so great! The grey is so pretty and I love the new door and hardware!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...