Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Wanted: Workout Motivation

{Keep Calm print in my gym with Tracy Anderson DVD in the reflection}

I write to you in desperation! I need motivation. You may think one would be pretty darn motivated by a wedding in the near future (cough4monthscough) but noooo. I continue to happily munch the carbs + sugar devils. What do you gals do? Workout first thing in the morning? Have a set plan? After work get into workout gear right away? Any tips and tricks would be so helpful.

P.S. My personal trainer is worthless.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carrie said...

I went through a plateau of NO MOTIVATION myself. My rule of thumb is to always go home and change right away, before sitting down, cleaning up, eating, etc. Some friends swear by running first thing in the morning, which I agree is great, but I can't stay on that bandwagon :)

Raquel said...

I go after school anytime between 430-8pm. I go to a gym because I find that classes (pilates, body sculpting, kickboxing) keep me entertained. Whenever I try to do any type of exercise by myself without an instructor i get bored reeeeeally quick. I find that not thinking about it too much and just getting in my car and driving there has helped me get into it and now...I'm just used to it!

As far as food, I never buy ANY sugary snacks and leave that for whenever I go out to eat...which is usually on on weekends.

I've lost 7lbs. My motivation was my 10 year reunion but turns out, I'm not going but I've been doing so good that I'm determined to keep it up.

Just think: wedding pictures!

& lol at your personal trainer.

Hope that helped?? LOL

Anonymous said...

If I don't workout first thing, I don't work out. I'm just way too exhausted after a long day at work. That said, you have a gym at home so it may be easier Kenyon to walk in and get changed and go. So my comment was no help

Morgan said...

Workout in the morning! You'll get used to getting up earlier and will feel better all day long!

Nikki Sanchez said...

Working out in the morning is great, but it's really hard to stick with... I agree that you need to do it RIGHT when you get home... Back when I was going to the gym, I wouldn't even sit down when I got home from work, cause if i did I would never get up! haha :)

Nicole Marie said...

when you find that motivation let me know how too!

Summer said...

I have found that working out at the same time every day works best for me, and if you CAN do it first thing in the morning that's always best. Then it's out of the way and you don't have time to talk yourself out of it.

{isn't Tracy the best?!?}

Also? The more consistently you do it, the more motivated you are to keep it up.

Brigitte said...

I hear ya! The only thing that works for me is working out RIGHT when i get home. It can be mentally hard to just get started, but once I'm up and outside i feel great! And i'll have WAY more energy once I'm done!

Lindsay said...

I've been in a slump too, but I've found that I will stick to a routine if I do it in the morning. Plus it gives me time to pack healthier lunches too and eat more meals in a day.

Erin said...

Searching high and low for my own lost motivation, too... I think you have to be a morning person if you're going to get up early and do that. I'm just not, so it's gonna have to be the afternoon.

Lindsay said...

For me, it's about having occasional workout buddies so you feel like you can't slack. I don't know why, but the whole getting into workout clothes doesn't work for me unless I put the shoes on. Maybe it's negotiable until those shoes get tied. :0)

Melissa said...

I think work out buddies are the best motivation! It's nice to have someone to suffer with :) And on that note when I feel unmotivated (like right now)I make a list of workouts that I actually enjoy, like yoga and healthy snacks that are still a tasty treat- just to remind myself that it's not all that bad :) I even make a chart (Yes, I am a loser) and track my progress because it makes me feel good to give myself a good report.

Lindsey said...

I'm with Nicole. I personally think you look great. Don't feel like you need to re-make yourself just because you're getting married. :)

Holly said...

you girls are the best. THANKS! i had a killer workout today.

Rosita said...

SIGN UP FOR A BOOTCAMP! seriously. if you have a commitment and you're paying for it, that's some motivation. it's really fun to work out in a group and it also pushes you to work harder so you don't make an ass out of yourself. and it's fun to see the results. i did do the changing into workout gear before leaving work. i wish i was a morning person because i was good at that habit of AM work outs for a little bit.

make yourself some limits and STICK TO THEM! but also, have a weekly or daily "cheat" but try to keep it to a minimum. if you don't allow yourself any leeway you'll go nuts. YOU CAN DO IT! you already look great my dear ;)

Kirsten said...

I need help. I have 29 days...aghhhh. Hopefully I get to the gym today and not past it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...