Tuesday, January 18, 2011

To veil or not to veil?

What do we think of the birdcage veil?  It is still unique and cool or tired and trendy?


14 comments:

Jen said...

I don't think I want to wear a birdcage veil, but, with the right dress, I really like how they look on some brides. I think they can be very elegant and fashionable.

Anna said...

hmmm i think they're pretty, esp. the first wedding picture, not so much the dotted one. they definitely make a girl in a pretty white dress look like a bride. don't think i would do one though...

Kelly said...

i don't think it is tired and trendy especially because not everyone can pull it off. i definitely think you could. you have that classic and unique look to your style :)

Ashley said...

I chose not to go with a veil - I never found one I liked enough to even attempt to pull off. But I think most brides look fantastic with them.

Ashley
http://www.afterninetofive.net

Anonymous said...

love! and you have the style for it

Lora said...

yes, go for it. I think they are super elegant and not tired

Unknown said...

Pretty! I especially like the 2nd from the top as it gives her face a bit of space. So modern and light--why not?

xo Mary Jo

Kirsten said...

I am currently in the same debate, I used to for sure want one and now I am not sure. Currently loving something more along the lines of the first one. Have you looked here: http://www.etsy.com/shop/TessaKim

Dani said...

I am a big fan of the birdcage veils! I think they are gorgeous and make a bride look sort of mysterious. Even though it is sort of a trendy thing right now, its been done throughout the decades, so that just means its classic right? I wish I was getting married again just so I could wear one. I dont think i like the look on anyone but a bride.

Lindsay said...

No way, they are classic! You could totally pull it off too. I think they only look trendy if the dress is trendy as well.

Morgan said...

I'm definitely doing a veil.. haven't chosen the style either. I considered birdcage but I think my dress is too ornate for it... so I'll probably go with fingertip or something a bit more simple.
Can't wait to see what you choose!

Michelle {lovely little things} said...

I'm torn about this subject for my wedding too, what are you leaning toward?

forget.me.knot.weddings said...

I kind of love the birdcage veil for a little something extra. :)

forget.me.knot.weddings said...

I kind of love the birdcage veil for a little something extra. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...