Tuesday, September 28, 2010

A Proposal in Chicago

 {Our view}

On the first day of fall Jon and I were walking to grab some deep dish pizza in the city of Chicago when Jon suggests we walk by Lake Michigan first. Only a few blocks from our hotel and with the weather being warm and not fall-like at all, I was game. We walk, and walk, and walk out on a pier, until Jon thinks we have hit the right spot. (Later I find out, he was just trying to find the most private spot away from people.) I know everyone loves a good surprise, but I knew he was going to pop the question in Chicago. I thought when we were on that pier he might do it, but after sitting, looking at the skyline and talking for awhile, Jon mentions we go to dinner. I agree, stand up, get my things and when I turn around, he is on one knee.

{Where Jon kneeled and asked me to marry him}

The next lil bit I'd like to keep between just him and I. But it was special and sweet and perfect. And the ring. Oh, ladies, the ring. I may or may not have uttered a profanity when I saw it. (Sorry to say)

{Engaged!}

Then we sat right back down on the pier and talked for another half an hour. Tears were involved. And then we continued on to dinner, as planned. We didn't call anyone (or tweet) until after dinner, so it was nice just knowing that for a couple hours, we were the only people that knew. I will say that one of my favorite parts of the night was infact calling all our family and best friends. It's not everyday that you converse with every single one (minus R&E!!) of your loved ones in a happy giddy fit!

 {He did good}

 {Not even our waitress knew}

Even though it was highly anticipated and at times I wasn't the most patient, after 4 years, 3 months and 17 days of calling Jon my boyfriend, the timing was perfect.

 {Jon calling family, me having a crazed photoshoot}

29 comments:

Naomi said...

Congrats!! That ring is amazing. Definately worth a small profanity. I want to hear more about what you did in the city and what you thought of Chicago.

Brigitte said...

Awww I love it! I'm soooo Happy for you guys! Can't wait for the AMAZING wedding! :) xoxox

Morgan said...

I love it! Everything about it! I love that you just knew he was going to propose in Chicago, that you're keeping the details between the two of you and the RING. Oh heavens it's beautiful!!!

Anna said...

soooo exciting!! it seriously seems like "everyone" is getting engaged right now. I am coming up on 4 yrs with the boyfriend myself...hmmm.

Anna said...

p.s. also totally admiring your manicure almost as much as the bling haha ;)

Collins @ Life. Mostly Sweet. said...

holy crap that ring is absolutely gorgeous. perfect!!! so happy for you and can't wait to hear all about the planning!

DrayaAnn said...

Yay yay yay!!!! I'm so happy for you both!!! Congrats!

Unknown said...

omg this is the cutest ever. That last shot is soooo adorable it made me tear up a bit. Congrats and I can't wait to see your wedding planning posts . . . oh, and, your ring is FABULOUS!!!

Rosita said...

congrats my love!!!!!! I got all choked up when my phone rang that night and def teared up when we hung up. I am so happy for you guys!!!!!! LOVE YOU!!!

Rosita said...

ps i love the ring and i love GIORDANOS! aww chicago was the perfect spot :)

Anonymous said...

awwwww! im so happy for you guys!

and GORG ring!

Nikki Sanchez said...

Good thing you have freshly painted nails for all those ring shots! :) Can't wait to see it in person!! <3

Michelle said...

Congratulations! Your ring is amazing! What a perfect weekend in Chicago for a proposal :)
I hear ya...I'm at 4 years & 12 days...but who's counting, right? ;)

Logan said...

Oh Holly, it is BEAUTIFUL! And pretty much exactly what I want (modeled after the Tiffany Legacy ring, but I'm a realistic girl).

CONGRATS!

bananas. said...

whaaaattt!!! he TOTALLY did good! that ring is WOW gorgeous!! and look how happy you look.

congrats to you both! now let the wedding planning begin! haha.

Denise said...

I will never forget that giddy, excited voice at the other end of the phone with the great news! Love, Mom

Alyssa said...

congratulations! so exciting! and yes, jon did a great job picking that ring!

Michelle {lovely little things} said...

That ring is stunning, congratulations!!!!!!

Jackie said...

Dang, that is some major bling girl! Love it!

Nicole Marie said...

he did GOOOOOOOODDDDDD!!!!!!! so so so so happy for you!!!!! i don't know how you kept it a secret all through dinner!!!!!

Mikaela said...

that is so exiting! & your ring is beautiful!!! congrats!

Lyndsy said...

It is so romantic and sweet! What a special moment you had and can share for the rest of your life!

The ring is STUNNING! He did REAL good. And your nails are gorgeous! Congrats again to the two of you :)

Leslie said...

Congrats to you and Jon. Knew it was coming, just didn't know when. Sounds like the proposal was perfect. (Good job Jon!)

Can't wait to see you and the ring this weekend!

Anonymous said...

congrats!!!! the ring is a.ma.zing! he did a great job.
xoxo, myka

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

Eeeekk!!! Congrats!!! So so happy for you!

beckylbranch said...

Yeah! That is so awesome and your ring is just AMAZING!!!! Congratulations :)

cindy said...

Sigh....I can't wait to see that rock in person!!! And can't wait to help plan this wedding!!!!!! :)

Unknown said...

Wow.. Congratulations. You're one lucky lady and your ring is so beautiful.

Anonymous said...

so happy for you!! awwwwww. hope you have so much fun wedding planning and I know with your taste it will be just GORGE. best of luck xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...