Wednesday, September 8, 2010

More ways to use up your tomatoes (I'm getting desperate)

On the agenda is the chunky chilled soup, gazpacho and the spicy cocktail, the bloody mary. Both of which take a boatload of tomatoes.


Gather all your veggies up. I have chopped tomatoes, cucumber, zucchini and garlic.


Into a food processor they go. Also throw in some salt, pepper, 
balsamic vinegar and heaps of olive oil.

Serve chilled! 

Next victims.....more heirloom tomatoes.
I will spare you more pictures of chopped up tomatoes in the food processor.

(Not pictured: horseradish.)
Assemble like you would any other bloody mary.

Garnish with cherry tomatoes and bottoms up! 
The taste is definitely different, but almost no two bloody maries are alike anyways.

9 comments:

Morgan said...

Yum to both! And you gave me yet another reason why I need a food processor!

Nicole Marie said...

good idea!! and you can always sent a few my way. i'll eat them gladly :)

Collins @ Life. Mostly Sweet. said...

i could use one of those drinks right now in a big way. with extra vodka! :)

Summer Athena said...

i love the food processor. i have a big and a small one.

um, i have to tell you that i sorta made your zucc boats the other night into a casserole!

nicole said...

Both ideas look great! Especially the Bloody Mary :)) I have been od-ing on caprese salads!!!

Denise said...

You can make a great tomato sauce for pasta with those tomoatoes--ask me about it!

Nikki Sanchez said...

Denise, I was just going to suggest that too! Or make some capellini pomodoro, that uses a lot of tomatoes too :) I use the Olive Garden recipe, it's delish :)

Lindsey said...

I wondered how a homemade bloody mary would taste. I saw a recipe for one in one of my magazines, but I never got around to making it. I'm intrigued!

MerciBlahBlah said...

Yum yummmmm....

Don't know if you're a Giada fan, but she made a recipe that looked DELISH with fresh tomatoes recently:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/pasta-alla-formiana-recipe/index.html

Also, do you ever do fried green tomatoes with your unripened ones? I have been CRAVING them.

Merci,
Shannan

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...