We ate well in Chicago, to say the least. I think I was most excited about checking
out all the joints that all of my lovely readers recommended to me.
On my first full day I hit the streets with a little hunger pang. I passed lots of places I had at home and started to get lost, really lost. When I randomly stumbled upon The Goddess and the Grocer (on "my list") I almost cried out of happiness. And again, when I bit into my croissant with eggs, oven dried tomatoes, mozzarella and prosciutto.
We had to try the deep dish pizza from Giordanos.
Chicago style dogs from Portillos. We went at lunch time.
To sum up that ordering experience: flustered.
Raspberry Lemon and Salted Caramel cupcakes from More Cupcakes.
The inside of this shop was so so cute, I wish I whipped out my camera there.
Hot cakes from Frontera. We really wanted to go to the street food
sister restaurant, but even at 3pm the wait was over an hour. Good thing,
because these hot cakes and bacon were amazeballs.
Chinese and Thai goodness from Big Bowl. Was almost scared off when I
found out this was a mini chain, but it was easily one of our best meals.
And that little takeout box as part of the presentation sealed the deal.
Cookies and champagne. Sent from California from Jon's brother and his girlfriend.
Classy move. We went gaga for like an hour when we came back to our hotel to find these treats.






7 comments:
Amazing! You really ate your way through Chicago. And those cupcakes? Look like heaven!
Love Chicago eats, being in Michigan i've been there a couple times. I especially love their deep dish pizza's YUM!
Congrats again!
Yum! That croissant looks delish. I'll have to add some of these spots to my list for next time!
ive never been to chicago, and i need to go..purely for the pizza. ive never met a pizza i dont like. its bad.
Holy cow that all looks so amazing! Especially those little cupcakes. MMM! And how sweet to send a bottle of champers and cookies to celebrate your big news!
You made it to Frontera! We wanted to go to the street food place too but it was an unreal wait...as always!
Looks like you ate very well here!
aw what a cute thing for them to send! i think i might need to take a trip to chicago!
Post a Comment