Monday, March 29, 2010

Quick lil owl DIY

I refuse to pay retailers like Z Gallerie full price for trendy decor items, such as white ceramic owls and other animals. I picked up this pair of owls at the flea market for 5 dollars. I will probably add Wipe On Poly to shine them up a bit more, but I am pretty happy with my $5 investment!

{Not that bad to begin with, actually}

{Much better and now can easily go in any room}

More NYC posts to come this week.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh arent they cute!!

Unknown said...

fabulous ...did you spray paint?

Rosita said...

holy crap those are ridiculously cute!!!!!

Summer Athena said...

i am not an owl fan but you just kinda sorta maybe made me one?

Morgan said...

love them! so freaking cute!

grace said...

those are amazing.

such a simple diy yet im fascinated...

Denise said...

Are owls back in vogue? I used to collect them in the 70's!! Nice job :)

Nicole Marie said...

i seriously need to go to whatever flea market you go to. you find the best stuff!!

Holly said...

M-yup, just white primer and white spray paint.

Julie Leah said...

I love owls!! These are so cute!

Lindsey said...

So jealous! I cannot find anything like that at the flea markets down here in orange county!

Jackie said...

That's my motto: when in doubt-spray paint shiz white! It will always turn out looking good. Of course now I am on a shiny black kick.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...