Thursday, February 17, 2011

Homemade Honey Sugar Scrub

I don't know about you, but whenever I see DIY beauty ideas in magazines I am never grabbed to try it. "Make your own lip balm!" Ugh, no thanks, this Burt's Bees is doing me just fine. But the one thing Whole Living magazine does is make me want to do exactly that. Well not lip balm, but exfoliants. My fave fave fave!

 The magazine has pretty layouts. 

I'll bet you actually have all this stuff on hand. 
The recipe calls for 1 cup sugar, 1/4 cup olive oil, 
1 teaspoon honey and 2 teaspoons lemon zest.

Mix it up. 
It certainly smells like I made it and it didn't come from a store, but just go with it.

And there you have it! Homemade sugar scrub. 
Can't wait to scrub down tomorrow morning.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

report back on how you like it!

the southern hostess said...

I'm so impressed. I've never made my own scrub, but have wanted to for a while.

Lindsay said...

Exfoliants are the only diy I'll try too, because you can't really go wrong. I like the look of this one. And I'm sort of dying over your nails!

Kayla said...

Definitely report back how it goes. Also cute finger nail polish!


Ramblings of a Small Town Girl

Morgan said...

Awesome! Let us know how it works!

grace said...

your nails!!!

Claire Kiefer said...

Can we discuss your nails??? I was totally into the sugar scrub thing until I got to your NAILS! Holy moly they're amazing--where did you get them done (I'm assuming you didn't do those yourself)??

Holly said...

i knew i should have done a post on my nails :)

they are sephora by OPI chic prints.

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml;jsessionid=2X3NOBAKP034YCV0KSIBHOQ?id=P263902&categoryId=C19281

Jackie said...

Hahaha! I'm the same way-never inclined to try the DIY beauty stuff. But this one does seem so simple and I do have all the ingredients. hmmm....

Love your nails too girl!

McGriddle Pants said...

I might ACTUALLY be able to do that!!

Rosita said...

UM I WANNA DO THAT! Tell me how it goes. PS I LOVE YOUR NAILS LOVEY!

christie @ ckanani.com said...

yes, please report back. dying to know how it works.

http://cksxo.blogspot.com/

Kirsten said...

Sooo how does it taste :)

Summer Athena said...

I love Whole Living! Yes, report back, please (with lemon on top). ;)

Jaime @ laviejaime said...

i am totally impressed!i was just reading this issue last night and said to myself "no way!" haha ;)

k said...

i want to try! i think i will!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...