Wednesday, December 19, 2012

1-3 Month Faves

Here are some of our favorite things over the past few months, Jonas approved.

Exercise ball-I got one to use during labor which was great for working through contractions but we are getting WAY more use out of it now. Jonas loves to be bounced, all day and night if he had his way. Even if I am just sitting still on the ball, he prefers it to me sitting with him on the couch (go figure). Either way, this is the most used item on this list.

Dr. Brown's bottles-We registered for these because we prefer to use glass instead of plastic. Thankfully Jonas took to them like a charm, but I do know you may have to shop around before finding a bottle your baby will love. We have used other bottles (he will take any brand/kind) and the Dr. Browns have never leaked....more than I can say about Avent.

Bob Stroller-I was lucky enough to be able to use my sister-in-law's strollers. This one is my fave! I cannot believe how smooth the ride is. Sometimes I think Jonas needs it a little bumpier even to fall asleep. ;) It is so easy to push one handed while you drink your coffee or talk on the phone. It is also super easy to flatten and pop back up. It takes up a good portion of your trunk, though.

Ubbi Steel Diaper Pail-You can use your own trash bags and no smell, no smell, no smell! I know Jonas' breast milk poops aren't anything to complain about in comparison to babies on solid food, but I have a feeling this will stand up to those. You can use with disposables or cloth.

Travel Sleep Sheep-This was amazing in the first month or so. We used it non-stop. 4 soothing sounds of white noise, although we never really got into the whale sound. It was even very soothing for Jon and I to fall asleep to. Small enough to go wherever you want. A must for any baby registry.

Rockabye Baby! Music-These are just awesome. Songs we know and love made into instrumental lullabies. I was dragging my feet uploading them from the CD to my ipod when a mom in my mom's group said she swears by them for making her daughter fall asleep. I popped one in my car later that day and it didn't take more than one block for Jonas to fall asleep! We love the Bob Marley, Coldplay, Green Day, Beach Boys and No Doubt ones.

Seventh Generation diapers (and wipes)-These are what we will use until Jonas fits into his Fuzzi Bunz cloth diapers. They are awesome and don't leak like the Huggies and Honest Co. ones did. Bonus for no chlorine or added fragrances. It is so weird, we use these primarily but I used a few non SG ones and noticed the others have a "baby powder" type smell! Very weird and unnecessary.

Pampers Swaddlers-Newborn-With that said, these were our favorite for when we used the Newborn size. This is what the hospital had and for good reason. We tried a few other brands and I don't know what it was, but these were the only ones that didn't leak. When a newborn goes through 10 diapers (or more) a day, you pick up pretty quick which are the best ones.

SkipHop owl-Ok, this is Jonas' favorite toy ever. We have it hanging by the changing table and whenever we lay him down there he looks up and sees Mr. Owl and smiles so big like "Hello, old friend!!" He will gaze at him and give him familiar smiles, it is the cutest. We actually don't move him from the changing table because we don't want him to get tired of it. So far, he is still obsessed after almost 3 months.

6 comments:

Nikki Sanchez said...

You're so lucky to be able to use that BOB! I really thought about buying one but they are some major moola! haha That owl is so cute, I almost got it for Jonas for xmas, I'm glad I didn't! :)

Lindsay said...

When I am nannying I have rockabye baby on constantly for some nice background noise. They have their own Pandoara station which is awesome! I second the amazing-ness of the sleep sheep!

PS I think you should do a post on all of your fave places to find his adorable outfits. And maybe a nursery tour :)

yours truly, melissa said...

Yay! Thanks for the tips...I'll definitely have to look into this. My sister in law has a bob stroller and loves it too. It may be the way we go as well.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Lindsay--nursery tour!

Erin said...

Leaky Avent bottles have practically driven me to murder. And whoa nelly that is an expensive stroller! But so nice ... It's probably worth it. I gave up trying to walk my niece around the neighborhood in her stroller because it was too bumpy and she hated it.

Micaela said...

Holly, I just posted our four month favorites and if I had seen this post again, I would have included the Rockabye Baby! Music. I am so glad I can across your post last night when I was looking to see what you and baby Jonas were up to (thanks to the "you might also like" feature). I just bought Felix the Coldplay one (my most favorite band ever!).

The perfect valentine for my baby valentine. :)

That's why i love these posts-- us Mamas have to share our tricks.

XO

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...