Not normally something I would eat, so this was my first time making
Snickerdoodles. I always bake something special for Jon on his birthday that he loves, and it usually is Rice Krispie Treats. This year I wanted to switch things up and make something a little more challenging. This recipe is different than other cookies because it calls for Cream of Tartar. Well my store didn't have that, so I bought Tartar Sauce.
BIIIIIIIIG DIFFERENCE. I had my doubts so I did a quick Google search before I added it in, phew. Thankfully I had baking powder on hand to substitute in.
{Rolling in cinn and sugar}
{So cute!}
{My fave part. Smushing the balls down with a glass}
{Fluffy lil cooks!}
{Pete wants in on the action}
9 comments:
Yummm! My family can't get enough of these!
mmm i LOVE snickerdoodles! Even though I have only made them once and have a huge jar of specially purchased cream of tartar sitting in my pantry. Because I have never seen another recipe that calls for it.
YUm! I love snickerdoodles!
YUM! I haven't had those since I was a kid! They look so good.
And I want to take Pete home with me. He's adorable.
Tartar sauce??? LOL :P
Those cookies look delish!
hahahahaha tartar sauce!!!
I can imagine tartar sauce and cream of tartar would be VERY different.
My cat tries to get in on the cooking action as well :)
ummm yum!!
My sister makes these each Christmas. Love them!
Post a Comment