Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Fondue Feast

Last night we celebrated Jon's birthday at The Melting Pot. And can I just say fondue is not just melted cheese? It is also cooking your own food in boiling broth! I really had no idea. We got the four course meal and were there for two and a half hours... so much fun!

{Hard strawberry basil lemonade}

{Course 1}

{Course 2}

{The broth for course 3 is getting going}

{The birthday boy amongst some steam and the uncooked meats of course 3}

{I tried to pick away the "h". It's J-O-N, people}

{Dippers for the 4th AND BEST course}

{It does not get any better.
Chocolate with caramel and chopped pecans.}

{One more picture of Jon for good measure.}

12 comments:

Raquel said...

I love fondue! & that strawberry lemonade looks amazing.

Summer Athena said...

fondue is the best. i have been wanting to try the melting pot in nj. i think i need to now go, for sure.

Morgan said...

YUM! Love me some fondue. Looks like a night worthy of a birthday!

Rosita said...

haha that looks so fun and yummy!!!!

Whatever Dee-Dee wants said...

I love the melting pot! I haven't been there forever though.

Happy 28th!

nicole said...

WOW. looks so fun! I love long dinners with multiple courses ;)

Lindsay said...

Happy Birthday to Jon!

Julie Leah said...

Oh my goodness! I love The Melting Pot!! So tasty! I'm actually going there this weekend :) What a fabulous birthday celebration!

Nicole Marie said...

i love the melting pot! we went there for my sisters 21st and it was so fun! i love how its a long meal that you can rush through. just gotta relax and enjoy yourselves and the food!

the southern hostess said...

Yum! And that lemonade, perfection!

Denise said...

Gimmie that strawberry!! Glad Jon's birthday celebration was fun and yummy :)

Logan said...

I am a (cheese) fondue fanatic, so I was always curious about this place! Happy birthday to your handsome guy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...