Thursday, October 18, 2012

Everything is Black and White

At three weeks we have intense focus on highly contrasting things, such as black and white images, painted stripes and wallpaper. I had no idea two big parts of our house I designed for a newborn baby!

There is a mirror on the reverse for when he gets older. Love this thing. It is starting to make Jonas cry less during diaper changes because he is so busy just staring at it, which is really cute because I just see his thoughts cranking.

 {circa 2009}

While the black and white striped wall is getting pretty tired at this point and a change would be nice, Jonas is in love with it! We will sit watching TV and he will peer over our shoulders staring deeply into it. 

{Empty built-in}

And I am also applauding my choice of a strong black and white graphic wallpaper for our family room built-in, because when Jonas and I are bouncing on the exercise ball, you guessed it, he is busy gazing at this wall. {The before and after built-in, featured on Design*Sponge}

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

I'm nannying a 3 month old girl and it cracks me up how intensely she stares at the high contrast cards.

Jackie said...

Hooray for baby friendly decor choices!

Nicole Marie said...

so funny, i didn't even realize the whole black and white thing was still used. it seems everything for babies are just bright colors

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...