We picked up one of these baby pears for each Thanksgiving attendee last night at Whole Foods. I plan to place each one in the middle of the plate with a tag attached to the stem by string. Hopefully I will have time to stamp out the names on the tags, or maybe just initials, depending on how big the tags are. It will be a cute placeholder and then of course, a sweet treat to munch on.
I also asked my Dad to save me the Birch wood branches he recently trimmed back from his yard in hopes of creating a centerpiece. Turns out they are much thinner than I thought. I had hoped to cut out rounds of varying heights to stack pillar candles on top of, but now I think only votives will fit on top. I may hack them up a bit and circle them around a pillar inside a hurricane.
No goofy cornucopias to be seen anywhere. Anyone have any tips for a more organic modern approach to Thanksgiving decor?


3 comments:
I cant wait to see the pictures of the table!
Were going to my sisters house for thanksgiving. shes an interior designer so im excited to see what she'll be doing.
You table is going to be lovely!
I've got the goofy cornucopias over here! My sister made a couple of them about twenty years ago for a family Thanksgiving. I bring them out every year and we have a giggle. It's tradition!
Hope you and Jon have a great Thanksgiving Day!
Post a Comment