Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Tea Tins

I picked up a couple tea tins in Chinatown this weekend 
in an attempt to recreate something similar to this

Turned out pretty damn cute if I do say so.

Squealing over the cuteness in my bathroom. 
Until...I realized they were all leaking! 
Had to transfer them to glass cups instead. Ugh.


So, I'm starting to think this photo was just staged. 
Unless anyone knows how to prevent tin from leaking?

10 comments:

Morgan said...

They were definitely cute! There's got to be a way to stop them from leaking. Maybe google it?

Summer Athena said...

Oh my. I love love love. And guess what? I have flowers in the same vanilla tea tin that I got from Chinatown! I knew we were meant to be. hahaha.

x

Sarah from 20somethingcupcakes said...

Love those! Wish I had a Chinatown near me right about now...xxSAS

layersofmeaning said...

did you get the bag?

Saskia said...

Gorgeous!!! Do you have a jar or glass small enough to fit inside the tin?

xx

Hello Lindello said...

cute. i wonder if you can seal the inside of the tin with something?

Lindsay said...

Line it with hot glue or caulk? or put a small glass vase inside the tin. Love the look though!

Logan said...

Yeah, I second lining the bottom with caulking. Too cute to give up on!

MrsMis said...

I vote for putting a small glass inside the tins! Did you buy those flowers or grow them? They are beautiful!

Kirsten said...

I guess I was to slow to say, I was going to say caulking too. Although it might not be awesome for flowers with water... I would say finding a smaller glass/bowl to try, or maybe dixie cup?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...