Monday, June 28, 2010

Everyone needs to make hummus

Tonight I tried it out. I used this recipe and next time I will spice it up a tad more, but this snack turned into our dinner tonight. Does that ever happen to you?

Not pictured: Olive oil.

Toss it in the food processor. 

Sprinkle with paprika and devour! 
This turned out so nice and unlike the store bought version
(which now seems so greasy!) 
and I can't wait to make this again for the
bridal shower I am throwing for my bestie.

11 comments:

Raquel said...

Try it with sun-dried tomatoes! Delish.

Nicole Marie said...

oh yum! i need a food processor!

Lindsey said...

This looks so yummy. I am totally inspired to try this.

Anonymous said...

I wholeheartedly agree. And whenever people make hummus without tahini, it makes me very, very sad.

Denise said...

Isn't it fun to use a food processor? I used to be afraid of it but got over that FAST! Your hummus looks delish :)

ash said...

looks great holl!!!! yum yum and yes i make guac all the time for a lil snack and turns into dinner:)
I am so lucky someone as thoughtful as you is throwing my shower!
i cant wait!!

Leslie said...

I like hummus but have never made it myself. I think I'm going to have to give this one a try!

And... tell Jon that Jim and I wish him good luck tomorrow in the courtroom!

mina said...

i am a huge chickpea fan but i've never made hummus even though i love it. i am going to make myself get around to it this summer. thanks for the recipe!

Lyndsy said...

That looks really tasty! I heart me some hummus...always!

Connie @ SogniESorrisi said...

I love hummus!

Chatter said...

I am definitely going to try this. And it is even more reason to buy a food processor (which I've been wanting). Thank you for sharing!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...