Monday, September 20, 2010

Weekend Scenes

I baked zucchini bread. Day 1 and 2 this bread tasted aaaamazing. 
And I used up some zucchini from the garden! Double points.

Some thrift store finds. Some old wooden eggs, a vintage tea tin and 
the cutest little gray vase, maybe ever.

Peppers from the garden. I love the stripey ones.

I am obsessed with my new glass. I admit, I first saw Rachel Zoe drinking her coffee out of one and I think I went out the next day to get one. At 10 bucks a pop, I just bought one. Although, I can't wait for the day when all our mismatched mugs are gone and the cabinet is full on these bad boys.

Pete testing the water. 

We slacked on picking the artichoke when it was ready. Well, this is what happened. Aren't plants cool?

12 comments:

Sarah from 20somethingcupcakes said...

Yum! Can you believe I've never made zucchini bread? I need to get on that. Lots of breads to make in the coming months...

Morgan said...

I love Pete! Post more about Pete. :)
And the bread looks delish.
xo

Anna said...

mmm i love zucchini bread. Your cat is hilarious! and the artichoke is so pretty! my landlords have let their asparagus go wild and it looks kind of freaky as well.

Lyndsy said...

Love that shot of Pete! And zuchinni bread is my fave! My mom always ships me a batch made from the zucs in her garden. So good!

Heather said...

artichokes bloom? that makes me feel funny.

Anonymous said...

oh look at petey! what a little sweetie!

Jaime @ laviejaime said...

Pretty pics! Zucchini bread is soo yum :)

Collins @ Life. Mostly Sweet. said...

1 - plants are definitely cool
2 - bring me some bread!
3 - and i agree with morgan, post more of pete!

Claire Kiefer said...

That little vase is the cutest, especially with that single yellow flower in it! Pete is adorable. And what about that stripey pepper???

Nicole Marie said...

aww cute kitty! way to go baking bread!

bananas. said...

those are some nifty thrifty finds. i was just at the thrift store and found nothing. nada. niente. boo :(

ps. your home grown peppers look yummo.

Punctuation Mark said...

yogi tea? i love it too... those glasses you can find them at a lower price at Ikea... they look just the same as the ones from Bodum...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...