Even though my brother and I were fine, since this model is a drop-side crib, we are going to make it stationary to not take any chances. We were not wild about the dark wood,
so Jon took on the huge task of sanding and painting the crib.
We forgot to paint those buggers in the corner white! Back on the (massive) to-do list....
We are super stoked to use this crib because unlike cribs you buy today, this one is made of real wood, was constructed in the USA and is generally of higher quality.
I guess you could say, "they don't make 'em like they used to".
Almost ready for our bambino!








15 comments:
OBSESSED! I have the same exact crib from when I was a babe- we were going to do this same thing repaint it and use it I love how it would keep going for generations! BUT there was so many broken pieces we couldnt save it:( sad but yours looks great
Eeeeeee!!!:) soo soooo excited!!:)
Love it! Love everything about it. The sentiment, the wood, the way you updated it. Nice work!
It's a beaut! And mad props to Jon! Sanding + painting are such a pain in the ass.
Yay!!!!
love it! wish my mom had kept mine.. it had a heart carved in the wood
They really don't make them like that any more! They're just not nearly as cute these days. My parents trashed all that kind of stuff eons ago but it'd be cool if they'd managed to keep some of it!
That's so awesome, the white looks great!! Can you believe that in 10 short weeks there is gonna be a little babe in there?! I can't wait!! :)
It looks awesome!!! Nice job, Jon!
LOVE IT. It looks amazing. Fabulous post, love! If you get a sec, I'd love to hear your thoughts on my latest post for Lauren Conrad. xo
www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com
sooo beautiful! love the white!
It is incredible that your mother held on to this. How fabulous that you get to use it now!!
*Erin
very exciting, and it is beautiful!!! on the other side of the world, we have just bought a crib from ikea, haha :)
So cute. It does look better in white and I am sure your bambino will have some very sweet dreams in here. Thanks for sharing!
Hannah from I am a lifestyle blog
awe, that's sweet! I think my brother and I had the same crib as this {as well} It's oddly familiar ;)
It looks awesome! Nice work! So excited for you guys!
Post a Comment