Tuesday, September 20, 2011

The Rehearsal

The day before the wedding was the rehearsal. A couple people had told me that everyone's rehearsals feel chaotic but then everything works out the day of. This was true for us too. Even though we had our lovely wedding planners there, I was still a wee nervous. There are so many adults there just mingling and there is a buzz in the air and drinks are waiting to be had, the last thing on most people's minds is paying attention and walking in a line, etc.

 My dad and I walking down the aisle. Wearing my mom's wedding dress that I had shortened. She wore it on August 26, 1972 and her daughter wore it on August 26, 2011. Imagine that.

{Some of our favorite people.}

The most fun ever was the rehearsal dinner. I just remember thinking it was everything I had dreamed of. We ate and drank on an outdoor patio in the warm summer night under the twinkle lights and everyone I loved was within arms reach. Everyone was talking and laughing and loving. It was fantastic. I was so excited and I remember feeling so loved. Actually, thinking back on this whole experience the rehearsal dinner included some of my favorite hours.  

 My parents! Happy 39 years of marriage.

8 comments:

Nicole Marie said...

i love that you wore your mom wedding dress to the rehearsal!

Anonymous said...

I agree, the fact that you wore her dress is so sweet. It looks great on you!

Morgan said...

Your parents are adorable! And agree with the other ladies... love the sentiment of the dress!

k said...

fabulous photos, you look relaxed at least!!! i agree, i don't even remember my wedding, haha :)

Lindsay said...

Your mom's dress looks so great on you. So special!

Erin said...

Love that you used your mom's dress -- that is really special! Looks like a lovely time ...

Nikki Sanchez said...

So much fun!!! Definitely one of the best, most fun rehearsals I've been to :)

Jackie said...

Wow, 30 some years later on the exact date?!? I just love little stories like that. Your mom must have been so emotional. And your parents are too cute! So glad you had such a wonderful time!
P.S.-Don't think I didn't catch that smurf in the water glass!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...