Saturday, October 23, 2010

Courthouse Chic

If one were to have a summer courthouse wedding, this one from Delphine Manivet would be a fantastic choice. They also have lovely long dresses that are more suitable for traditional weddings, you know, if you hit up their salon in Paris.

While on the subject, am I wrong to assume all brides go through a phase of wanting to scrap the whole thing and just go to the courthouse? Oye. It's not going to happen for me, but the idea has seeped into my head more times than I'd like to admit.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

while on bed rest, i was browsing martha weddings, bc thats what i do lol, and look at this delish SF courthouse wedding and luncheon.

http://www.marthastewartweddings.com/photogallery/joanne-and-luke

I cannot get over her dress!

Lindsey said...

Oh yes, that thought will definitely continue to pop into your head more and more as you start to fill overwhelmed by everything you have to do. Except I just wanted to go to the drive-through chapel in Vegas...the hubs vetoed that one. =(

Morgan said...

I've definitely had that thought... more than once! I could never do it but doesn't mean I don't fantasize about it. :)

Emily said...

LOVE that dress. You could wear that if you get married outside in summer? And yes, everyone has the courthouse thought. I actually ended up going that route. I was too overwhelmed trying to please everyone with our wedding that we just went down there on a whim!

mina said...

What's up with SJP's leg in that photo? It looks super photoshopped.

Anyway, love that dress - can't wait to see what dress you decide to go with!

L A C E Y said...

i thought about that too when I was planning my wedding! "let's just keep the cash and run!" haha. but i loved every part of my wedding, and I'm sure you will, too!

Summer Athena said...

it could be a reception dress?

Heather @ Waking up in Vegas said...

Oh dear. I just was married in July of this last summer and boy...the idea did come to mind quite a bit!! Planning can be stressful but the end result is amazing bliss! Keep with it girl and you will be overjoyed and married (which is what's important, right?)

Also, I will be posting some details, and the trials and tribulations of my wedding on my tiny little blog! Check it out:) http://www.wakingupinvegas.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...