Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Build me up butternut

I bought my first butternut squash of the season and went to town. There is no way to avoid the mess you are about the give your kitchen, between roasting, seed scraping, food processing and all. I made butternut squash soup and butternut squash mac and cheese.

Before you get started making anything related to this squash, you must cut it lengthwise, sprinkle with salt, pepper and olive oil and pop in a 375 degree oven for 45 minutes. This will make it workable.

Mmm, baby food.

Roast the baby seeds right up! 
Much easier than pumpkin seeds because the pulp isn't as messy.

Voila!

8 comments:

Jackie said...

I freaking love butternut squash. Give me a good butternut squash ravioli and I will be one happy camper. I've tried to bake it before but being the failure I am in the kitchen I totally burned it. Plus it leaked all over my oven. Kinda scarred me for life. But oh man, your pics have me wanting to give it another shot.

Maria said...

Looks delish!

Lindsay said...

I've actually never had butternut squash before! Both recipes look really yummy.

Lyndsy said...

It all looks amazing! Can you share the recipe for the butternut squash mac and cheese pretty pleaase?

Collins @ Life. Mostly Sweet. said...

well that's just not fair at all, where are the recipes?!

Rosita said...

mac and cheese what! my favorite! i want a recipe :)

Michelle {lovely little things} said...

Butternut squash mac & cheese? YUM! Do you have a recipe to share?

Unknown said...

Yummy. I've always wanted to cook with butternut squash maybe this is my year. thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...