Saturday, November 7, 2009

Little Lamp DIY

I saw this cute lamp at Marshalls and was reminded of a project where Little Green Notebook used the exact same lamp Amy Coe lamp.  Trying to harness anything that she puts her hand on, I got the lamp. I was sad to find that once I primed it white I could see a huge crack in the middle of both "globes". I didn't notice this until it was white and I'm pretty sure you can't return spray painted items. So instead of going with a light color, my first choice, I went with a dark gray and added some fabric that I had lying around.


Before: Cute, kinda 'meh' though.


After: Much more 'me'!

Now I just need to figure out where to put it!
Happy Saturday.

10 comments:

Lindsey said...

Love the gray and yellow combo! I am trying to get the husband to go for that on a couple of my projects.

Anonymous said...

So nice, and I love it against the wallpaper.

Morgan said...

Love it! Great work!

Nicole Marie said...

super cute. i need to do this to one of my lamps

Hello Lindello said...

wow! so much better. very cute.

The SSS Sophisticate said...

You are so crafty! I love it!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

LOVE that shade. SO cute!

Unknown said...

AMAZING. love it!!! ten times better and now it's totally unique!!!!

Jen of MadeByGirl said...

GORGEOUS! So much better....

Jen Ramos
'Cards & Prints You'll Love...'
www.madebygirl.com
madebygirl.blogspot.com

Jen of MadeByGirl said...

btw - what wallpaper is that behind it?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...