In the hopes to keep stretch marks at bay, I have amassed quite the pregnancy arsenal. I know it might just come down to genetics and how long the baby cooks, but it's nice to take out time for me and pay attention to my growing belly. Here are some of my favorite butters, lotions and oils that make my morning and night time rituals that much more enjoyable. I seem to have one high price and one low price in each category too.
Shea Butter-I love using the butters at night and wearing a tight tank top to bed to seal everything in. This 100% natural Shea butter is great, but takes some elbow grease at first. Not for when I am dead tired and want to go to bed. About $10.
Cocoa Butter- This cocoa butter is strong smelling, might not be great for the sensitive first trimester. And since it contains some additional oil, it goes on much easier than the pure Shea butter. Great product for the price. About $5.
Ultimate Hydration Lotion- Wonderful brand, no chemicals whatsoever and made specifically for pregnant women. This smells so nice which was unexpected. Rubs in easy, no oily feeling afterwards, great for putting on before work and not having to worry about stained clothes. They also make ones for the legs and boobs, for different reasons. $23.
Massage Lotion- I was using this before work until I tried the Mustela lotion. This is OK, but a little thin for me to think it is doing more than a regular lotion and the smell isn't amazing. About $10.
Skin Toning Oil- I bought this since everywhere I go, it seems to be the holy grail of stretch mark defenders, but I am not over the moon for it, or it's price tag. It is too oily to use in the morning before work. It might be nice after a hot bath, but I can't take those. About $15.
Body Oil- I received this as a sample from a Whole Foods booth and LOVE IT SO MUCH. It works just as an oil but it absorbs really nicely and doesn't leave you feeling oily at all. I don't have to worry about it staining my clothes either, so I can use this in the morning. And there is something much more satisfying about using an oil versus a lotion after a shower. Getting ready for work sucks but this brightens my routine. Simply the BEST. $38.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






9 comments:
Haha love your little arsenal! I imagine I will be the same way! I've heard excellent things about the l'occitane shea butter as well.
I used the Cocoa Butter during my whole pregnancy and didn't get any stretchmarks but I've also heard it's genetic and if you are predisposed to them not much you can do to stop them. But the lotion feels good so why not try?
Have I told you I love your blog header? Because I do. A lot. :)
Oh I didn't realize stretch marks were genetic! Interesting...
Good to know! I'm totally screwed as far as stretch marks go, but I'm still gonna pin this for future reference...
Here's hoping for no stretch marks. It certainly sounds like you've done your homework. I think you're worth the price of all those lotions and oils. Spoil yourself!
...and for my third comment of the evening: You are being so good about this. I never used ANYTHING on my belly. I was too lazy. But I didn't get any stretch marks either luckily! I think it does have a lot to do with how your body works naturally/genetics.
on the list for when my turn comes! thanks for the review!
Mustela is my all time favorite brand. When I was pregnant that's all I used and Jack has used Mustela since he was born.
Post a Comment