Tuesday, April 24, 2012

One warm weekend

What my weekend looked like, if you're interested.

Frozen yogurt on a hot day. But halfway through I smelled Subway and wished I had that instead. Weird!

Trying to get excited over sparkling water with lime and strawberry...but hard when you husband is drinking beer he brewed himself and you wish you could enjoy a glass too!

I got my first Birchbox. Verdict? Meh. I got some expired (2009!) moisturizer and duplicates of fashion tape among a few other things. Not impressed. I will give it one more month before canceling. I'd like to try out Bluum or Eco Emi.

Loving my new radio I got from Gilt. Had lots of background radio and Giants games going on recently. Plus, it's cute!

This is not how you made homemade rosewater (I wish!) but this looked and smelled pretty on the kitchen table.

12 comments:

jes @ twosmuppies said...

wait, i can't believe you got expired moisturizer? i got some sunscreen, sample of taylor swift perfume, a chapstick that i actually really love, and detergent (i know). i think i'm going to give it another month or two before pulling the plug.

ps love the san francisco cup in the back :)

Anonymous said...

i would for SURE call them.

and yogurt looks bomb. and i think now ill have subway for lunch.

Jackie said...

Great idea to put rose petals in water in a jar! The girls are constantly picking my roses and the using the petals as "confetti" out in the yard. Now I will scoop them up and do the same thing instead of letting them wilt on the ground. super cute new radio, and bummer on the Birchbox. How in the hell are they sending out things that are so expired?? I mean three years expired?! Ridic.

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

I can't believe they sent you something that's expired! totally call them on it!

Katherine Krieg said...

that is totally ridiculous about the expired product! horrible!!
and that fruity sparkling water looks delightful - i am sure baby loved it!! :)

Nikki Sanchez said...

That radio is so cute and so you, I love it! The water w/fruit looks delish and refreshing :) If you are missing that "cold beer on a hot summer day" feeling, you could try non-alc beer. It does have a tiny bit of alcohol (0.5%), but I had one every now and then when I was preg, it was a nice treat :P

poptartyogini said...

we finally got a yogurt place by my house and i'm so excited to try it! i hope the warm weather comes to chicago soon. it was here in march and seems to have gone on vacation. i think the roses in the water look so pretty. they're my favorite.

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

I had a 3 month Birchbox subscription and I only liked one month. I hear that they have so-so boxes then every few months a good one to keep people subscribed. My subscription expired this month and I'm not re-signing.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm... I'd been thinking of signing up for Birchbox, but now I'm not so sure! I will, on the other hand, take a frozen yogurt, thank you.

Lyndsy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
cindy said...

Bluum is crap too....I had it for 3 months.

bananas. said...

oh nooooo...i just ordered a birchbox. hope it's decent enough to keep my subscription. i just really want a new nail polish. lol.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...