Sunday, January 29, 2012

Dreaming of chairs...

We got our new kitchen table and while the top part came darker than we remembered, we love it! We have a couple mismatched chairs in bad shape that I've had since college, but I think its time we get some nice ones.

The one at the store had a more pure stainless steel color on the top of the table. Hoping that it fades to that lighter shade. Now I just need the perfect chairs!
These I love, but they aren't right for the space. There is a freaking wingback chair in this kitchen, so I really don't think we can compete on the same level.

Enter the Tolix Marais chair. This table is like ours in reverse! And I love the fun yellow paired with the table instead of the expected gunmetal. I have sat on many a Tolix chair from cafes in Paris to outside the Fairy Building in San Francisco and I think they hold up great. My question is, would they feel too cold?

OK, I want every color.

 I am falling hard for the green.
And with us only needing 4 chairs, it won't come across quite so grasshopper-y.

Stools too! 

Vera likes the white ones. 

If you had to pick, which color would you go for? 
The tried and true gunmetal or a more fun poppy color? Which, I am not afraid of.

14 comments:

yours truly, melissa said...

Getting new furninture is always fun! I love cane back chairs like the ones in that first pic...

Good luck in your search!

Lindsey said...

That's so funny. I have a table similar tothe one you just got, and we have been thinking of getting the exact same chairs in turquoise. We just have two benches for the table now. I assume the chairs would be a bit cold, but we also have a leather couch so I am used to it. Go for a poppy color.

Reagan said...

get a color! you already have the metal look on the table (which is awesome!), and i feel like so many people have the gunmetal tolix chairs. do something crazy like aqua blue or kelly green!

Jackie said...

I like the green and also think the yellow are super cheery. Just slap a little cushion on them if they get too cold.

Lindsay said...

I like the yellow and the shades of blue. While I adore the classic gunmetal, and even the white, I think a color would be fun and cheerful!

Brigitte said...

Love it!! I vote for green :)

Ginny said...

i love those yellow ones! :-)

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

The green ones are fun!

Nicole Marie said...

love the table!! if it were me i would play is safe with the white... but i love the light blue ones... or grey!

Anna said...

hmmm i might go with the gunmetal just so i could add accent colors with less-permanent items... or else i'd get them in different colors so you can pick your favorite of the day to sit on :)

Morgan said...

Great table! I love the gray...although a pop of color never hurt anyone!

cindy said...

Yellow! Love!

Lyndsy said...

i like the chairs with the table! gives it a little edge and yet totally works! i love the yellow (duh) but think the light blue is really fun too! and white would look fabulous of course!

Katherine Krieg said...

oh my goodness LOVE those chairs - you cant go wrong with color. i like the different shades of blue but all are lovely. LOVE LOVE LOVE that burlap-ish runner you have there. so nice.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...