Thursday, January 19, 2012
I have found my staple soup
It's weird, you can read one blog telling you one thing and you think nothing of if, and then another blog says the same thing and then you reconsider. I guess that's how it was with this soup. Originally spotted on Orangette. Although, I used the version from the New York Times, but with only one cup of water. Oh, you want to know what it's called? Spicy Red Lentil Soup with Lemon. Really simple ingredients and so healthy for you, I suppose if I didn't use my homemade chicken stock it would have been vegan. I also made an amazing broccoli cheddar soup this week, but you kind of need to hit the gym afterwards. And don't worry, you don't really need to use an immersion blender, I just left it "chunky" and it was delicious. This soup is so good you don't need to top it off with a sprinkle of cheese or grab bread for dipping, somehow that would do it wrong.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





8 comments:
totally hear what you say about seeing something once and not acting, but then seeing it twice and deciding to give it a shot. this soup looks delicious - i am excited to try it out!
Looks so good! I am such a sucker for soup in the winter I am definitely going to have to give this a try!
XO,
Erin
http://erinscurrentlycoveting.blogspot.com/
Lentil soup is the best. I like the addition of lemon, bet that adds an extra punch of flavor.
wow lentil soup this sounds so amazing and a perfect weather day to eat soup!
Dang that looks SO good. I'm going to have to try both recipes!
ohhhhh yum. I'll be adding this to my 'must make' list!
yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
That looks/sounds delish! I have been in such a soup mood lately and this sounds perfect!
Post a Comment