This was the quintessential December weekend.
Christmas tree shopping. First year we didn't cut our own down.
We got a lovely 8 footer.
I wish we also grabbed one of these table top cuties.
Would look cute in the faux fireplace or on the hearth of our real fireplace.
Hot cocoa and candy canes. Cliche, but so good.
Dressing up...only to dress back down.
That yummo peppermint bark I tweeted about. Made this last year too.
Would be a super easy gift to make and package up all cute with red and white twine.
Pete hiding under the tree.
The tree brings out his curious and freaky nature even more so.
I saved my stale meringues for decor. Filled up in this Ball jar,
this makes a subtle decoration in my kitchen.











14 comments:
looks like an amazing weekend!
i was swooning over the table top trees too! super cute!!!
and ooh yum...i must try that peppermint bark!
Do you know if you put the candy canes in the hot chocolate, they melt leaving a trace of peppermint?
Love the meringue decor. Stealing!
Our cats climbed our first xmas tree and tried to destroy it so it's small and fake for us from now on. It's kind of a bummer cause each night we have to put the tree away so they cant attack it. But one day! ONE DAY! I'll have a real one and they can just deal. ha
Yay for Christmas decs! I love the shot of Pete, so cute :) And that hot chocolate and candy canes looks so tasty :)
Looks like a fun, relaxing, holiday weekend!
pete! peppermint bark! belt!
nice!
Carrie (This Free Bird) posted about that peppermint bark and I think this seals the deal--I gotta make it! Where did you get your tree? I haven't gotten one and am seriously debating . . . I want one, but I always go to Georgia to visit my family at Xmas (leaving on the 19th), so it seems a LITTLE excessive to have one . . . but I hate not having a tree in my apartment! What a dilemma. :)
Pictures of Pete kill me every time! So stinkin cute! And love the outfit!
Love your holiday fun!
Fun! I cant wait to get our tree. Hopefully this weekend.
I need some Pete in my life. That is seriously one cute cat.
I love peppermint bark!
you are a domestic goddess!! love these posts about simple pleasures at home;)
Post a Comment