Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Peanut Butter Cups

You need to make these. They RULE. They are just as delicious as any Reese's product, but do not contain yucky preservatives. I once again, whipped out the Earth Balance creamy peanut butter to make these treats.

I'm on board with that ingredient list. And the best part? It's no stir! While stirring the natural peanut butter, I always make a mess and slop it over the sides and the jar is forever greasy. Not here.

PB + powdered sugar. Then add a lil softened butter.

Melt chocolate chips and drop dollops into cupcake liners and make sure you coat the whole bottom and up the sides a bit. Pop in the fridge for 5-10 minutes to harden.

Add the peanut butter and then cover with more melted chocolate and back in the fridge. This time for 30 minutes.

Unbelievable!!! And how cute do they turn out? Let me tell you, it was so satisfying peeling them out of their little cupcake liners.

Recipe
 1.5 cups creamy peanut butter
1 cup powdered sugar
2 tablespoons butter
2 bags chocolate chips
Makes 24 cups.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

yuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Lindsay said...

No stir?! I might actually have to try this stuff! Those look even better than reese cups (which have you had one lately, because they aren't that good anymore). I love your liners too!

Raquel said...

Oooh, I love this!

I just noticed I'm on your sidebar! Thanks so much! I'm soooo flattered! :)

Denise said...

Wow, Holly those look amazing. Bring some over on Christmas :)

Claire Kiefer said...

YUM! So into these things you've been posting lately! And these actually look really easy, which is a huge plus. Gonna try them!

Jaime @ laviejaime said...

homemade pb cups sound so yummy!

Lyndsy said...

Wow! Nice work, these look absolutely incredible!

Summer Athena said...

i like when you do reviews. always a yummy treat to be seen.

i just wish you could fax them over to me. ha.

Michelle said...

You have GOT to me kidding me, these look so amazing! Pb + chocolate are my two favorite things! Definitely making these this holiday season...thanks for the recipe! :)

Erin said...

I am SOLD.

mina said...

OH EM GEE. Is it sad that I am getting so excited about homemade pb cups?

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Oh my...What I wouldn't do for a bunch of those right now. They look downright heavenly!

Unknown said...

amazing! I make squares because I can't be bothered with the wrappers but my PB mix also has butter and crushed graham crackers. omg I love them.

Michelle {lovely little things} said...

Pure deliciousness!

Nicole Marie said...

umm i need to make these asap!

Chatter said...

I've made something very similar and they really are as good as a Reese's Cup. Yummy!! You aren't helping my post Christmas "must lose a few pounds" motivation....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...