Monday, December 13, 2010

Peanut Butter, Take One

My first thought of how to use my new Earth Balance nut butters was with apple slices, but that quickly turned to peanut butter cookies. I used this recipe from Smitten Kitchen.

I used the classic creamy peanut butter.

Chocolate chips improve everything. 

I didn't follow the directions by smoothing out the dough into little balls and rolling in sugar and kept burning the cookies. These were the 3 survivors. I still had some dough left, so I followed the directions to a T with the last bit of dough.

Imagine, it worked! These cooked much more evenly. Even if a step may seem like a hassle or insignificant, it's probably there for a reason. Either way, the cookies were delish and peanut butter and chocolate go hand in hand. I think I may make some peanut butter cupcakes for my work party on Thursday. Unless anyone has any other peanut butter baking ideas?

5 comments:

bananas. said...

but i like the way the first set of cookies look! haha!

i'm sure they were both good. i actually like my cookies slightly toasted.

Claire Kiefer said...

Peanut butter cupcakes?!?! DELISH! I think I'm gonna follow your footsteps soon and make peanut butter chocolate cookies. I've been baking up a storm this Christmas season (mostly I've been focusing on the mint/chocolate combo).

Morgan said...

Love some pb and chocolate. :) Delicious!

Anonymous said...

look delish!

Lyndsy said...

Those look amazing. YUM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...