Ever have a blunder in the kitchen and you don't know until you take a bite? I attempted whoopie pies tonight, from
this recipe and they turned out too-rich, too-sweet, cracked cookies. I guess I won't be attempting again on Saturday for our Halloween party. Maybe it's because I do not own an electric mixer and I have to do everything with a fork!
This is what I was attemping:
And this is what I got:
BLAH! I guess these will be going with me to work tomorrow.
10 comments:
I so have been wanting to try these but I was nervous they would be too hard! I think I still will but won't have high expectations. I'm sure your coworkers will be happy though!
I hate it when recipies go wrong :( im going to be attempting a cheesecake on friday that you have to put in a hot bath while its in the oven... im scared.
Those still look SUPER good!
You are MY barefoot contessa...these turned out just fine!
I would still eat them!! Our new indie movie theater in town serves these now. My baker friend Mo makes them. So good!
I have been trying to find a good whoopie pie recipe forever! Nothing seems to work out right! I have totally been there!
hey i'd still eat it!
Send them over here... my family is used to recipe mess-ups!
Sweets! I would eat them in a second. I love those halloween picks. Perfect. I will have to buy you a mixer for your future wedding shower. ;)
Don't you hate when that happens? Did they taste good though? lol
Post a Comment