Monday, November 25, 2013

13 Months


Ham.

Ok, this is my favorite age. It's a good thing I didn't know when he was a newborn that they get super fun once they are 1. That would have seemed like forever away. But of course it went so fast, and I'm enjoying Jonas so much these days! And the explosion of development between 12-14 months is bananas. (Jonas turns 14 months on Wednesday) I like to keep a little running list of new things he is doing, eating, etc so whenever I get little pockets of time to work on his baby book I can just consult my notes. It would actually be impossibly to do otherwise. And the list I had made for 13 months was the longest yet!

At our family photo shoot earlier this month.

Speech. He says so much! Early on he said dada, mama and cat but now the list is 30 words deep. Of course these are in his own little language, usually just the first syllable. But last night he started saying the "th" sound in "bath", coming out as "ss"..."ba-ss". I died, it was really cute. Most are identifying people, animals and objects but some are directions and food so that really helps with communicating. He never picked up on sign language. He signed "more" but now he just says "mo", although I wish sign language worked for us. Oh! He has also started copying words that he hears Jon and I saying...uh oh.

Facing off with a turkey.

Demeanor. Jonas is such a goof. Loves to laugh and rough house with Jon. He has been dancing up a storm lately, which consists of bending his knees over and over. ;) And clicking his tongue, that is constant these days. He is always making us laugh.

Mini lumberjack

Eating. We are down to nursing just once a day. We were at 4 times a day and I weaned him down, thinking we were going to completely wean but I stopped at the morning nurse just because I couldn't bear to stop. I think Jonas would go either way at this point. He doesn't ask for it in the mornings but he also gets excited when he sees we are about to nurse. With that said, I do think the end is near. I'm proud of myself for making it 14 months. And as far as solid food goes, a somewhat picky eater has emerged! He used to eat anything and everything and now suddenly he is Mr. Opinionated.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Awwww he is cute as ever! So glad you are enjoying him so much, sounds like he is the perfect little addition to your life :) xx

Michelle said...

14 months is impressive! I hope I can go that long :)

beSmart beGreen said...

oh man is he just the CUTEST!! That lumberjack costume is amazing.

beSmart beGreen said...

OH man! Ha! I didn't realize I was logged in with my ancient account {it's Maegan :}

Rosita said...

Oooh I need this little man in my life. he is so presh!!!! Blog more! I miss you so much. xoxo

Jaime @ laviejaime said...

his mini lumberjack costume is too cute! happy holidays!

k said...

awww he sounds so adorable! wesley loves dancing like that too, haha :) he's always trying to make us laugh, i love it. but it is insane how much of a little person he has become...he'll be 14 months soon. its just insane! he def doesn't say that many words though, maybe its because he hears german at daycare!

Kelly said...

you make me excited for children! all these stages look exciting :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...