Thursday, March 15, 2012

Beauty Routine


I don't really have a hard fast routine I follow since I am always trying new products that are given to me. (SIL is a merchant for Sephora....I KNOW) But I do have my all time favorites, like Ole Henriksen's Truth Serum. I apply it every morning. What needs help is my nighttime routine! Sometimes I will just remove my makeup but not wash my face, sometimes I will religiously apply eye cream for weeks and then just stop. The habits are hard to form and keep. Which is why I want to share the two things that I have been loving lately.


Say Yes to Cucumbers wipes. I have always been really against disposable facial wipes because they are truly so wasteful. But lately I have been so tired and my skin looks bad because of winter so I knew every night I would at least have time to use one of these! They smell amazing and I don't feel guilty when I go to bed. 

Jojoba Oil. I bought a small bottle while on my honeymoon in Hawaii to dab on the ends of my hair when it was getting dry but recently started using it for my face! I "wash" my face in this stuff at night, rinse it off the best I can and towel dry my face. Oh my gosh, my skin feels amazing after! And the weirdest and best part? My face is NOT oily in the morning when I wake up! 

Any new-to-you beauty products you are loving lately?

10 comments:

Jackie said...

I'm working on a Target Beauty post! Just been too lazy to collect all the links so haven't posted it yet. I seriously don't go much further than Target for all my hair/makeup/skin needs. I'll have to try the cucumber wipes.

Lindsay said...

I just started a new Boscia regime a few days ago, but haven't noticed any dramatic results yet. I love their BB cream though!

Ana said...

Thanks for the tips! I bought a soy face cleanser recently at Sephora. I wash my face every night because otherwise I'll have breakouts like a 15yo. And for moisturizer I use a neutrogena one. I keep it simple with just two things, because it's really hard for me to remember to do that. And if there were more products to use, I'd get lazy and just go to sleep...

Kelly said...

Dang you lucked out in the sister in law department ;)

I'm going to have to check out those wipes; they sound super interesting!!

Erin said...

I've been using glycolic acid every other night and it's helped with my breakouts A LOT. Also helps with fine lines. What I really need is a good, organic eye cream.

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

Good tips! I'll have to check out that oil. It's not really "new" but I am a big fan of Argan oil - also known as Moraccan Oil. Love it for my hair and sometimes even skin!

Popcorn, Pugs & Peonies said...

I love the idea of facial wipes. I get so lazy at night too. I started keeping my eye cream next to my bed so that I will use it. Somehow, dabbing it on once I get into bed feels like less work than doing it in the bathroom.

*Erin

cindy said...

My favorite subject! :)

I will get you a cleansing oil, you would love it. Oils are great for your skin but for some reason American women have always been hesitant to put oil on their face (European women have been doing this for centuries). This is changing slowly, and cleansing, treatment, and moisturizing oils are gaining popularity pretty rapidly. The surprising truth is that oil balances all skin types - it adds moisture to dry skin and helps the skin self-regulate if it's too oily. In fact, oil is great for helping to clear up blackheads, which are oxidized and hardened oils in the pores....only oil can dissolve oil! Go figure. ;)

bananas. said...

makeup remover wipes are the BEST!!!

haven't tried the cucumber ones yet but i will now!

Logan said...

Ohh, I could go on for DAYS on this topic.

My AM routine is Cetaphil and Eucerin Everyday Protection SPF 30...and then a trough of makeup.

PM: I either wash my face with St Ives Apricot scrub or use my Clairisonic with the cleanser it came with or Mario Badescu Glycolic face wash. Every other day I use Retin-A (seriously, the best thing I've ever put on my face). Off days I use Avene Cicalfate moisturizer. Phew!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...