Tuesday, November 15, 2011

How To: Make a Wreath

Making a wreath is easier than it looks! Here are my simple
instructions to make a homemade wreath for cheap. 

Step One: Look outside and find something growing out of control that 
could stand to lose some branches. For me, this is an olive tree in our backyard. 

Step Two: Chop off the prettiest and fullest branches. 

Step Three: Gather your other supplies you may need, depending on what type of foliage you're using. I ended up only using the lightweight wire and wire cutters, besides the wire hanger, which everyone will need. 

Step Four: Shape your wire hanger into a circle. This will be your base. And it comes with a handy hook!

Step Five: Lay out the branches on your circle and wrap wire around the ends. 

 Step Six: Repeat until you reach your desired thickness.

Voila!

16 comments:

bananas. said...

love it!!!

too bad my backyard is crap for supplies. may need to venture off to my nearest regional park.

Morgan said...

I LOVE IT! I wish I had an olive tree to pull from!

Sierra said...

Wow, you are so creative! You made it looks super easy but I'm sure it's hard! Looks great!

navy and orange said...

great how to!

xoxo navy & orange

Michelle {lovely little things} said...

This is beautiful, love it!

Erin said...

This is a great idea for Christmastime -- just chop a couple of branches from the Christmas tree and there you go. I'm gonna do it! Maybe. :)

Anonymous said...

so fabulous

Nicole Marie said...

it's so pretty!!!

yours truly, melissa said...

Pretty, pretty, pretty!

Now this may be a dumb question (?), but does your tree produce olives?

ash said...

OMG!!! love this so much hollytown!
BTW that's my new nickname for you, hope you like it.
miss you, love you.

Lyndsy said...

Turned out gorgeous!!

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

Oh my gosh that looks so pretty! And seems so easy!

ChinkyGirLMeL said...

I showed my mom this post and she actually bookmarked it. She says she's going to try making a wreath over the weekend. =)

Kelly said...

Dang!! It is so pretty! I would never think it would be that easy to make. Might try this one of these upcoming weekends. Thanks for the info! You should do more DIY's ;)

Erin @ Currently Coveting said...

I am SO trying this, genius!

Love from DC,
Erin
http://erinscurrentlycoveting.blogspot.com/

Karlita said...

great tutorial and it looks easy! hope it will be as easy as it looks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...