So, we applied for our marriage license the other day! It was so fun going down to the County Recorder before work and doing such a serious this is really happening task. It was even more fun because Jon is always there for work and knows most of the ladies that work there, so they were coming up to us to meet me, or congratulate us or say things like "we've been waiting for you!". So, so cute. And it is so much more than just a piece of paper.
On that piece of paper remains my full maiden name (maiden! HA!) and my newly proposed name. I am dropping my current middle name, moving my current last name to that position and taking Jon's last name as my own. It was so very important to him that I did this.
Saturday, August 13, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







15 comments:
yay!!!!
awww exciting!!!
woohoo....congrats on something so special! and cute top... :)
Awww! How exciting!!
Adorable last pic!! Y'all are in the home stretch!
I love that....wish I would have dropped my middle name. Maybe I still can!
So exciting!
I ended up dropping both my middle and maiden name.
Adorable. :) So official! Can't wait to see pics from the big day.
Isn't it so weird getting that piece of paper? You guys look so cute! Yeah, you're that much closer. =)
Such exciting times! You guys look so happy :-)
When's the wedding day again?
woot woot!!! 2 more weeks!!!! So excited! :)
Yayayyaa!!! So so exciting!! Love the picture!
I dropped the last, to hard since the middle name is a family name too. Still hard trying to sign my name or make calls and say hi this is Kirsten ...
That makes it so real, doesn't it? So happy for you guys and can't wait to see your wedding pics...
you look esp. adorable in that first photo! i recently got around to changing my last name too :) feels more real.
Post a Comment