Its been a tea kind of weekend. And past couple of weeks for that matter, minus the occasional weekend coffee. Trying to cut back on coffee (due to sugar & half n half). Hasn't been hard at all!
I have begun wedding dress shopping! Had mixed emotions going in (would I love any?). Turns out....SO much fun. Let's just say I totally and completely understand the girls that buy a dress for the ceremony and another one for the reception. And let's also say I am so not supported in that opinion. Must decide between two different vibes/themes.
Beefing up the liquor cabinet! Got some Pimm's. A lovely summer-y British gin. I've seen it all around the blog world and tried to order Pimm's Cup at a few bars with no luck. 1 part Pimm's, 2 parts Ginger Ale, lime and cucumber. Perfectly refreshing. Highly recommend.
Fall cupcakes for an early birthday celebration for my sister in law, Cindy. From Teacake Bake Shop. A big hit with my nephew. He calls them "happy birthday". And he cannot focus on anything if he seems them and then becomes deliriously happy while eating them. Sounds about right?
I made this citrus, mint, feta salad from Smitten Kitchen. A nice break from leafy greens.And a nice prep before a week ahead with known heavy foods. Here's to a short work week!









6 comments:
I had never even thought of buying 2 dresses! Great idea!!
Dress shopping is so much fun - good luck finding the one! P.s. the salad looks amazing - YUM!
yay dress shopping! and those cupycakes look amazing!!
I have never heard of Pimm's but will have to try it! I have become a whiskey ginger gal myself, with an orange (YUM!) but will need to beef up my bf's bar before he gets a new hutch for that area. Lovely weekend!
I love Pimm's Cup! Next time you are in the city, go to Rickhouse or Comstalk Saloon. They both make an awesome on.
All of it looks just yummy and somehow perfect for pre-Thanksgiving! Pimm's is fab and you can find it here and there at different liquor stores.
xo Mary Jo
Post a Comment