Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Engagement Chicken

I had planned to make this dish when I was getting antsy about Jon popping the question after I read about how many girls made this dish then got engaged shortly thereafter. Make a chicken and get engaged? Sure, why not! (But it turns out I didn't make it and still got proposed to.) I am not one to pass up a good recipe, so I made this Ina Garten version of Engagement Roast Chicken this weekend.

Assemble all your ingredients.

The lil bird. We got a 4.5 pounder. Perfect for two people who want leftovers. 

Stuff it with lemons and garlic and rub it down with olive oil, salt and pepper. 

Surround it with a mixture of lemons, onions, olive oil, salt and pepper. 
Such simple common ingredients are all you need.  
Pop it in the oven for over an hour and you have.....

Engagement Chicken! The recipe also includes making a sauce with the pan drippings to pour over the chicken and it was so good I could have married it. 
Wait, what?

13 comments:

Summer Athena said...

that is making me hungry. is there a make this and get pregnant recipe? ;)

Whatever Dee-Dee wants said...

That looks yummy!

Anonymous said...

ive never heard of engagement chicken! but looks bomb!

Morgan said...

Looks delicious!

bananas. said...

so i'm not a big chicken gal but that looks mighty delicious. and JUICY! lol.

ps. GO GIANTS!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Engagement chicken, you say? Hmm... Maybe I should give it a try... :-)

bananas. said...

pps. i just saw the brian wilson pic. pretty good!

k said...

that is hilarious, i love it!

Jessica said...

That looks delish!

Lyndsy said...

My girlfriend who is married was just telling me about engagement chicken! It looks like it turned out beautifully! Nice work lady!

mina said...

this sounds so good. i've never heard of it before. i hope i get over my fear of cooking meat with bones/fat/skin etc... soon so i can start making stuff like this!

Michelle {lovely little things} said...

I need to make this!

Collins @ Life. Mostly Sweet. said...

ah....that looks delish!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...