Thursday, March 20, 2014

Traveling with a toddler: Snacks for the airplane

We are about two weeks out from our first big trip with Jonas! We are dealing with international waters and airplanes, which calls for a well-researched and prepared mama. The first up in the series is focused on snacks! The snacks still must fit my criteria of healthy and mostly organic, but we are mainly looking for snacks that aren't too messy, take awhile to eat and can entertain him!

Happy Baby pouches and yogurt drops-Jonas loves these pouches and so do I. A tasty, non messy way for him to get in some vegetables too. And a plus is that he loves pointing out what's on the pouches, "nana!" "kee-wa" (kiwi) :) The yogurt drops we haven't had since he was a little guy working on his pincher grab so he will be thrilled when he sees me pull them out, avoiding a meltdown, perhaps?

Yogurt Raisins-Normally I buy in bulk but I know the novelty of these little boxes will buy me some happy toddler time. Also they are different pastel colors, so we can work on colors. These will definitely work their way into his Easter basket too.

Cheerios-A must! I am also going to bring pipe cleaners so he can stack the Cheerios on there. A nice, *quiet* activity!

Fresh fruit, of course.

Ella's Kitchen munchy biscuits-We have never had these before, so I am taking a little chance with that, although I'm sure they will be a hit. I did want to pack something new and exciting he had never seen or had before.

Any other tips, mamas? I'm all ears :)

2 comments:

yours truly, melissa said...

We have yet to travel with our baby on a plane! Makes me nervous... we are scared! Ha! :) But I'm sure it'll happen at some point.

Where are you going on vacation? I'm craving a vacation in a bad, bad way!

Unknown said...

I used a 7th Generation wipe container (not the hard plastic one) and stuffed it with things from the dollar store. Pipe cleaners, ribbons, lanyards, little toy animals, a pez dispenser. Everett loved opening it and pulling everything out!
Love the Happy snacks! I have my family smuggle them to Canada for me!
Have fun!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...