Monday, December 5, 2011

Upcycle those Shiny Brites

Frankly, I was tired of using my Shiny Brite ornaments by putting them in fake snow in glass hurricanes. I think I did it a few years in a row. When I saw Emily Henderson's holiday special and she made a huge peace sign out of round ornaments, I couldn't wait to get started.

Peace on earth! Christmas decor without being obvious. I'm in love.
From the Shiny Brite wiki:
The demand for glass ornaments waned as plastic ornaments became more popular, ultimately bringing the Shiny-Brite company to close its doors in 1962.
 Boo! Boo to plastic.
Keeping it real. In the unstyled built in. It was the perfect decoration to go in the gap. I got a 26" floral wreath wire circle, and hot glued the crap out of those Shiny Brites. There were many causalities in the process. More glue=for the better.

6 comments:

yours truly, melissa said...

Nice work!

Love your built ins! Now I want a tour of the rest of your place.

Jackie said...

It looks awesome! Love it. Now I want one.

Sierra said...

I love all of the fun colors, it's gorgeous!

Punctuation Mark said...

love it!!!

Unknown said...

I love it. Better than a wreath!

Morgan said...

Officially comment bombing your blog. :) Not sure how I missed this post but love it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...